Seattle has many words for rain.
I encourage all of you to utilize the Beaufort Rain Scale where at any time the term to use could be Force 1: Scotch Mist; Presence of wet in the air, hovering rather than falling. You can feel damp on your face. But if you supinate your hand, nothing lands on it.
Associated Phrase: "I think it's trying to rain." (P.Meek)
Clearly state your support
Tell your elected officials why you support a new Sonics Arena and how excited you are for the return of the Sonics/arrival of the NHL.
Let your passion be heard, but keep it clean.
Include Your Street Address
That way elected officials will know you live in the area, and County Council members will know you're in their district.
1. Building the Arena will require no new taxes.
2. Local business and community leaders have endorsed the Arena.
3. One of the largest private investments for any Arena in North America — public contribution to the Arena will be fully repaid by Arena generated revenues — unprecedented taxpayer protections in place.
4. Studies show there will be a minimal effect on traffic in the area.
5. The Arena will boost the local economy.
6. The NBA will return to Seattle — and this time it will stay.