Thursday, June 17, 2010

What is worse, his apology or Two wrongs trying to make it Right: GOP lawmaker apologizes for apologizing to BP exec | Seattle Times Newspaper

I think Republican Congressman Barton was being honest when he apologized to British Petrolium CEO Tony Barton.
I think he was wrong to apologize (the first time).

I think his retraction is a face-saving lie.
I think he is a liar.

"I apologize," Barton said to BP CEO Tony Hayward, who was sitting at a witness table for another of Congress' ritual floggings of wayward corporate heads.

"I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong is subject to some sort of political pressure that is - again, in my words, amounts to a shakedown," Barton said. "So I apologize."

Nation & World | GOP lawmaker apologizes for apologizing to BP exec
| Seattle Times Newspaper


If you do not hold foriegn owned multi-national corporations in higher regard than the American people then you don't make that kind of mistake.

I feel like I have to spell this out since there is at least one person that does not agree with me, and is now telling a lie to cover up his true feelings.