Anyway, their readers are asking questions and Sonics Rising is having to defend something they are denying exists, cognitive dissonance.
There's this list. Then there was a defensive posture.
Members of the Arena Community Advisory Group include:
- Monty Anderson – Executive Secretary, Seattle Building and Construction Trades Council
- John Barr – NHL to Seattle
- Robert Cardona – Uptown Alliance
- Andrea Caupain – Chief Executive Officer, Centerstone
- Evan Clifthorne – Project Belltown
- Brian Curry – 10 Mercer Restaurant and Seattle Center Advisory Commission member
- Deborah Frausto – Uptown Alliance
- Ollie Garrett – President, Tabor 100
- Nicole Grant – Executive Secretary, Martin Luther King County Labor Council
- Mike McQuaid – South Lake Union Community Council
- Brian Robinson – Founder, Sonics Rising
- Sarah Wilke – Executive Director, Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF)
- Jane Zalutsky – Executive Director, Seattle Center Foundation
My overall feeling is that they really do believe what they are saying, I believe them, but it's pretty obvious that they are being used to legitimize Ed Murray cramming KeyArena down everybody's throats before he leaves office. He doesn't have a political future and is absolutely burning these very good people at Sonics Rising.
So, I showed myself out.
Maybe I'm wrong, but Ed Murray has been clear in his arena preference, and how he governs.
That's exactly how I felt when I was invited to a couple off the record meetings with Brian Surratt a few months ago.
IMO, Here is the Ed Murray's fucking of the fans. It is in full bloom.