Monday, July 30, 2012

Bob Ferguson: Arena Decision

[this email was sent from Bob Ferguson, King County Councilman]

I just went on the air with KJR sports talk radio's "Mitch in the Morning" and announced that I intend to vote "yes" to approve the MOU for the proposed new sports arena.

 

The King County Council is likely to vote this afternoon on the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the city of Seattle, King County, and the private investor group led by Chris

Hansen to develop a new arena. 

 

I will propose several amendments, including a requirement for an independent economic impact analysis prior to spending any public funds, and an amendment to ensure that the rights to the Seattle Supersonics name, memorabilia, and history always remain with the City of Seattle. These amendments are supported by Chris Hansen.

 

I appreciate all the feedback I have received on this important issue. Over 3000 people wrote to me with their views, nearly 300 people attended a town hall meeting I held with Seattle City Councilmember Mike O'Brien, and an overflow crowd came to testify at the joint Seattle-King County Councils meeting. 

 

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I greatly value all the input given to me and my colleagues.

 

Please feel free to contact me in the future at (206) 296-1001or bob.ferguson@kingcounty.gov. You can also find me on Facebook.

 

Sincerely,

 

Bob

 

Bob Ferguson 
King County Councilmember 
Metropolitan King County Council, District 1 
516 3rd Avenue, Room 1200 
Seattle, WA 98104 
ph: (206) 296-1001 | fx: (206) 296-0198  
For more information: http://www.kingcounty.gov/ferguson  
Visit our website to view the latest District 1 eNews