Friday, July 6, 2012

"If it meets the terms of I-91, as far as I'm concerned, the public has already had its say-so," Van Dyk said. (in 2008)

Somehow a proposal in 2008 that was a 50/50 public/private partnership was I-91 compliant, but the current proposal that requires much less public involvement and real property added to the city's real estate holding isn't I-91 compliant in Chris Van Dyk's opinion.
Van Dyk, the anti-stadium activist, said he thinks the latest proposal could be a good deal for taxpayers. Van Dyk said he's been briefed on the plan and thinks it would meet the requirements of Initiative 91, approved by Seattle voters two years ago. The measure requires any arena subsidies for pro sports teams to turn a profit for the public. Van Dyk suggested the arena plan may not even require a public vote. "If it meets the terms of I-91, as far as I'm concerned, the public has already had its say-so," Van Dyk said. Microsoft CEO may chip in millions to keep Sonics (2008)
A little consistancy, that's all I ask.